This week we have started our Instructions learning. We practised writing instructions for making a sandwich. In our maths we have been completing number sequences and missing number activities.
This week in Phonics we have learnt the ‘ur’, ‘er’ and ‘igh’ phonemes. Next week we will be learning ‘ay’, ‘ou’, and ‘ie’. If you have spare time practise segmenting words with these phonemes in with your child.
The children’s home learning this week is to write a set of instructions for drawing a dog. For extra home learning this week follow a recipe, or follow the instructions in a board game or write your own set of instructions for a model you have made.
- Talk through the process in the pictures.
- Encourage your child to sound out the words that they want to wri Don’t worry if this means the word is spelt incorrectly.
- If your child finds writing a challenge you could always take it in turns to write down their ideas.
- Encourage your child to read what they have wri
- Use bossy language.
- Don’t forget to have a go at drawing the dog too.
Trevithick mud kitchen
Trevithick class are in the process of creating their own exciting mud kitchen. If you have any children’s waterproofs or wellies that are no longer needed please bring them in. Any donations will be gratefully received.
Dates for your Diary and Reminders
We are a nut free school. We kindly ask that children do not bring in nuts or obvious nut products as part of their snack or lunches.
Saturday 10th December- FOPS Christmas Fayre
Wednesday 14th December- Trevithick and St Piran Nativity performance 2pm
St Piran Team